Thursday 31 July 2008

Sense & Scent

July 30

Late evening, over yahoo messenger, my hubby wrote and asked if I would be okay if he was to be put in Bangladesh for a project and he'd be away for three to four months. My instant reply to him was I needed to call Connie and Fai to tell them that we would not be able to make the trip to Bangkok. Connie had earlier buzzed me to ask if early November was a good time for us.


This was our second attempt to spend a eating-and-shopping holiday in the capital of Thailand. Our first was last September, which was forfeited because Adrian was on project deployment in Jakarta, that lasted almost five months. It would seemed that the densely populated city, best known for shopping and food, was determined not to have us treading on its ground.

Breaking the news to the couple was easy since booking had not been made. But, I felt lousy. Fai and Connie, who knew how much I would love to see the place, were there last May. They were thoughtful and generous to want to make my maiden trip worthwhile. It would have been a swell time as we enjoy each other's company, and we love Thai cuisine.


Fai and I met when I was under employment with The Star back in 2003. He was my colleague in the same department, on different teams. I was introduced to my new colleagues on my first day of work. "Hi, I am Cheryl". "I am Leong (Kong Fai)," he replied and we shook hands. "Is that Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme that you are using?" I heard myself asking. He smiled and nodded. Despite six years difference in age, we became fast friends. Fai and I are great fans of Bulgari fragrances, and we could have lengthy exchanges on our love affairs with them. Pour Homme Extreme and Aqua Pour Homme are our favourites; and
Pour Homme Soir had been added to my list.

Aqua Pour Homme

His wife, Connie is a lady with a big warm heart. Friendly, charming and wears a constant smile, she and Fai make a lovely couple. While he is a graphic visualiser and designer, she is an interior furnishing freelancer, catering to the well-to-do and elite society. Four of us, each from different background, of different upbringing, and with different work interests, bonded together by our unconditional acceptance of and love for one another. Like fragrance that stood the test of time, ours a friendship that surpasses time infinite.Pour Homme Extreme

1 comment:

Vengelyne said...

I love perfume, but I could never tell the diff brands just by catching a whiff of its scent. My fav thus far is still Issey Miyake.